- Where is the subway station?
1) Where is the subway station? : 지하철 역 어디예요? (Jihacheol-Yeok, eodiyeyo)
* 어디 있어요 (Lesson 3) and 어디예요 are the same. So, we can also ask,
“지하철 역 어디 있어요?” in Korean.
- What subway line do I have to take?
1) What subway line: 몇 호선 (Myeot, Hoseon)
2) Do I have to take: 타야 해요? (Tayahaeyo)
3) What subway line do I have to take? : 몇 호선 타야 해요?
* Subway lines in Korea
|Line 1||일 호선(ilhoseon)||Line 6||육 호선 (Yukhoseon)|
|Line 2||이 호선(Ehoseon)||Line 7||칠 호선 (chilhoseon)|
|Line 3||삼 호선 (Samhoseon)||Line 8||팔 호선 (Palhoseon)|
|Line 4||사 호선 (Sahoseon)||Line 9||구 호선 (Goohoseon)|
|Line 5||오 호선 (Ohoseon)|
- You have to transfer.
1) You have to transfer: 갈아타야 해요(Gal-a-ta-ya-haeyo)
- What exit should I go out?
1) What exit: 몇 번 출구 (Meot,beon,chulgoo)
2) What exit should I go out? : 몇 번 출구로 나가야 해요? (Meot,beon,chulgoo,lo,nagayaheyo)
[The subway map in Korea]
– The map is a little dim so it may probably not be recognized clearly. But, it could be helpful for you to be familiar with the map if you’re planning to visit Korea sooner or later.
– It’s written in Korean. There’re also English maps in the information desk in the subway.